Friday, October 9, 2009

2009 Nobel Peace Prize

So, the news has arrived:

Obama has won the 2009 Nobel Peace Prize.... Check the NYT Article here.

Now.. what do people think about this? When I mean people, I mean YOU. You who are reading this blog right now... opinions?

He's spoken well. He's been extremely kind in reforging certain relationships between nations that the United States in the previous presidency has ruined. But does he really deserve it? I'm not sure... Personally, it might be a little soon. He's won it, and that's great, but I hope he still works just as hard for that same Peace in the future.

The other nominees? There was a lot to list, the Nobel commission hit the record this year with over 205 Peace Prize Nominees.


Since I am situated in India, it's hard not to hear about how an Indian from OhioU won the Nobel Prize for Chemistry.

2 comments:

  1. I think it was far too soon to give him that kind of prize. FAR too soon. In 20 years from now, if he had shown more of what he can do, then I would give him such a big deal thing. Right now I feel like it's the powers that be trying to push for something that might be behind the curtain.
    Really, it's a bit much, in my humbled opinion. I mean, I like Obama, cool guy, but I would have loved to have seen some people getting credit for great things in the world right now. It feels a bit like Obama-rama nowadays...

    ReplyDelete